Friday, August 8, 2008

Soldier Family Kissing Pillows project

Here's a picture of three of the six Soldier Family Kissing Pillows I am making for a lady from the 123Stitch message board (needlenana at msn dot com if you want to contact her to help!) They work up quickly (that is, if you don't mess up on counting like I did on the first two!) and use only three colors #797, #321, and white and are stitched on 14 ct aida. The Yellow Rose Chapter of The Emroiderers' Guild of America Inc. sew them into pillows with patriotic material (or camo) and give them to the soldiers families. The soldier kisses the pillow for the family to keep (or family kisses for the soldier) so they will always have a "kiss"! I think that is so sweet!

1 comment:

Connie B said...

Great job! I am working on some of those also! I have a wonderful group of sorority sisters who are helping out as well!! I must admit, it's one of the most simple designs I've done, but I miscounted my first one too, LOL! Darn Frog!!